Hans Välimäki and SemiLive start cooperation! As a result, SemiLive's service offering will be further expanded, this time in the form of virtual cooking schools. Hans Välimäki is a top Finnish chef who is familiar from many television programs. He has been seen in Kuppilat kuntoon, Hans Välimäki!, Hansin matkassa and Top Chef Finland.
A virtual cooking school called Hans at Home will start on Maundy Thursday, April 1. In SemiLive. It prepares Easter dishes together with Hans.
SemiLive interviewed Hans Välimäki and producer Santtu Palmi about the coming cooking school. Hans says the idea of virtual cooking has been present throughout the Korona period.
– Virtual Cooking Schools have been a familiar thing since last spring, when I did 22 streams for ISTV from home, Hans says.
– Then a few people asked if it would be possible for me to do such a service. The viewers' wish came true and we were in fact the first, or at least among the first, to make a virtual cooking school in Finland.
– We have developed the concept and now families, individual home chefs and friend groups get to cook together.
Hans and Santtu are committed for giving everyone a comfortable and tasteful moment in these otherwise difficult times.
– The idea of the cooking school is to be a nice experience, where good food is easily created, Santtu explains.
Hans and Santtu want to create a cooking school experience that everyone has the opportunity to participate in. The ingredients used are readily available in stores and the prices remain reasonable.
– The idea is that the livestream lasts a maximum of one and a half or two hours. We don’t want the experience to be in any way too complicated or long-winded.
– The aim is to keep the dish mountains under control, a relaxed atmosphere and to keep the cooking pleasing from start to finish. Also interesting in this concept is how to make something new out of the usual ingredients, Hans says.
– Let's do it in peace and without haste, Santtu adds.
– The training leaves all participants with recipes for the dishes to be prepared during the stream. I think the recipe is learned when it stays in the back of the head, and at some point, you find yourself modifying it to your own preferences. No recipe is perfect, but they must live with the times.
– If those involved after the stream have a good mood and a tasty food on the plate, we have succeeded, Santtu adds.
For the first "Hans at Home" stream, Hans has created an Easter-inspired menu: Salmon Sashim as an appetizer, lamb "iskender" as the main course and fried chocolate mousse as a dessert. Everyone who buys a ticket to the cooking school will receive an exact shopping list and a recipe week before the stream.
– You should go to the grocery store a couple of days before Maundy Thursday's stream so that the fresh ingredients don't have time to go bad, Hans reminds.
– And no worries, if Easter Thursday does not fit on your schedule, you can watch the Hans at home stream later at a time when it suits you better, Santtu adds.
Tickets on sale 12.3. from here![simple-comments border="false" auto_load="true" post_id="38419"]
Mikkeli Theater's children's play Reetta bear and the secret of a storybook can now be viewed on SemiLive! This is also the first theatrical performance on the service – but a sequel is promised.
In the story, Reetta bear and her friends dive into the storybook. But in what fairy tales are Reetta, the beaver Maisa and the bunny Peetu adventuring? And how on earth do they get out of the pages of the book? You can help friends on an adventure.
Reetta bear – Marjo-Riikka Romo
Maisa beaver – Riina Uimonen
Peetu bunny – Tuomas Turkka
Scriptwriter – Marjo-Riikka Romo
Director – Riina Uimonen
St. Michel Strings
Great news from SemiLive at the end of this strange year. To enhance your experience and make it easier to watch concerts and other content, we have released the first version of the official SemiLive app! With the mobile app it’s now finally possible to cast the streams to your TV (Apple AirPlay or Google Chromecast).
Download links to app stores can be found here: https://www.semilive.app
We will continue developing the app during next year. We will announce the new features as soon as they are ready 🙂[simple-comments border="false" auto_load="true" post_id="34126"]
Hard Rock Cafe Helsinki and SemiLive have started a collaboration in December 2020. The first artist of HRC Helsinki Live is Olli Herman, right after Christmas.
Olli Herman’s solo career has had a promising start since 2018. A talented rock singer also known from Reckless Love has released five songs in Finnish. The latest release 1 tapa rakastaa (One way to love) tells about a positive way of thinking of a happy man: everyday dreaming of small things, lightness to the different greys of winter while waiting for spring. Olli Herman Duo is a project with dear colleague Pepe Reckless from Reckless Love.
The show is hosted by well known musician, music producer, singer and bassist Lauri Hämäläinen. Lauri has worked with numerous gold and platinum selling artists in Finland and has produced original music in a wide range of styles and formats, ranging from radio to television.[simple-comments border="false" auto_load="true" post_id="33915"]
SemiLive and Tuska start cooperation!
Tuska, which operates under Finnish Metal Events Oy, is best known for the Helsinki based metal festival. The newly released Tuska Utopia series complements the Tuska family with a style that suits the current state of the world. The company's CEO Eeka Mäkynen talks about the cooperation and describes the Tuska Utopia concept as follows:
– Suddenly there was more time for event organizers last summer and this resource was harnessed for new development, the conception of Tuska Utopia which began in July. The frustration and slowdown caused by the lockdown served as a good counterweight to the birth of a new one. The enthusiasm among the entire team has been concrete!
– Two things that have been more and less closed are tourism and concerts. Tuska Utopia combines these two. The episodes will be unprecedentedly visual, high-quality, surprising hybrids of travel, metal aesthetics, concert and music video. I have to say with all my heart that really amazing stuff is coming!
The three episodes will receive their premiere in November, and the artists will be announced during late October and early November. The first episode features Turmion Kätilöt. All episodes will be seen and experienced through SemiLive.
– We scouted suitable platforms and service providers. SemiLive quickly proved to be the most noteworthy option. The most important thing for the selection was a good reference in past, securely executed paid transactions, as well as a passion for international expansion, Mäkynen tells.
The legendary Amorphis celebrated its 30th anniversary in a special way: after the corona messed up the original plans, the band performed on SemiLive via a stream in early June.
Fans living in different time zones were taken into account and Amorphis played as many as two unique gigs during the day. Now the much desired latter gig is back in SemiLive - so bring the popcorns and enjoy the show!
In an interview in the spring, guitarist Tomi Koivusaari’s expectations for a different kind of show were high, and he described the set lists of the gigs “as if they were journeys.” The fans were taken on a musical journey and the latest feedback received in the audience chat nailed the message: expectations were met.
Now you can experience Amorphis’ gig again or for the first time with 48 hours viewing rights or even 7 days of viewing rights at www.semilive.fi